App Store hacknight
Do you have an app in the Google Play Store? Would you like it listed in other stores to maximise your distribution? The App Store hacknight will help you do just that! Join us for a weekend hackathon to get your app listed on multiple app stores. We’ll discuss the opportunity and challenges this presents and get your app listed. Representatives from BlrDroid and Amazon will be present to assist you.
Why list your app on other app stores?
- Improved distribution: Alternative app stores target specific devices or markets where they may have better reach than the Google Play Store. Examples include the Amazon App Store (only store on the Kindle Fire), Samsung Apps (on Samsung devices) and Yandex.Store (bundled with Android devices in Russia).
- Promotions: Alternative app stores run promotions for free or discounted apps that help increase reach.
- Top Charts: Breaking into the Google Play Top charts is hard, but your app may have an easier time on another app store.
- Curated list: You might reach out to audiences that want a focused selection of app choices that have been filtered for quality or for a specific age group or purpose
- Localized portal: You might want to get list in an app store that specifically caters to the country of your target audience.
The app store hacknight is co-hosted with the BlrDroid monthly meetup, which is free. You only need a ticket for the hacknight.
12:30 PM - Lunch
3:30 PM - Hacknight begins
5:30 PM - Tea Break
7:00 PM - Ron Mandel's Talk
8:30 PM - Dinner
7:00 AM (Sunday) - Hacknight ends.
Ron Mandel is a Developer Services Manager at Amazon. He will be giving an overview of the Amazon Appstore and how to integrate Amazon API’s into your apps. He is visiting from Sunnyvale California, USA.
BlrDroid is one of the world's largest Android Groups. Find out more on http://www.meetup.com/blrdroid/
Amazon is the world's largest online retailer. Check out their offerings for developers here: https://developer.amazon.com/